An important part of being a medical professional is staying up to date with recent technologies, advancements, and trends. Some medical practices are interested in offering cosmetic procedures to improve business and offer patients more options. Keep reading to learn more about popular cosmetic procedures.
Cosmetic Surgical Procedures
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures in 2014 were:
- Breast Augmentation—a procedure that uses implants to increase the size of the breasts.
- Nose Reshaping—often called rhinoplasty. This procedure reshapes the nose to create a more pleasing appearance. In some cases this procedure can also be used to correct a deviated septum.
- Liposuction—a procedure that removes small pockets of fat from specific areas of the body.
- Eyelid surgery—often called blepharoplasty. This procedure repairs the eyelid and corrects sagging eyelids that may impair vision or detract from someone’s appearance.
- Facelift—a procedure that moves the underlying tissues of the face and refits the skin in order to create a younger appearance with fewer wrinkles.
Minimally-Invasive Cosmetic Procedures
Minimally invasive cosmetic procedures were also popular in 2014. The most popular procedures were:
- Botulinum Toxin Type A Treatments— This procedure is usually referred to as Botox, but there are also other injectable treatments that use the same ingredient. These injections are primarily used to temporarily reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Soft tissue fillers—Injectable fillers can be used to fill in deep creases and restore fullness to the face.
- Chemical Peel—a procedure used to remove dead skin and promote new growth.
- Laser hair removal—a procedure to remove body hair with long lasting results.
- Microdermabrasion—another procedure used to remove dead skin and stimulate growth.
Adding one or more of these services to your practice could improve business, or help your patients feel more confident about their appearance.
If you’re interested in offering more at your practice, it is important that you and your staff get the right training. At Med Ed Labs we have training facilities, classes, and tools that can help you and your team get up to speed.